Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down....

Anyone else love the Carpenters? Well, it's Tuesday and it's rainy and I feel like staying curled up on my couch but that won't get anything done, will it?

Yesterday got away from me. I am a Monday, Wednesday, Friday kinda blog poster ;) So here is yesterday's post, LOL!

Core'dinations released a TON of new product at winter CHA and this layout uses one of them. It's called the Onyx collection. The collection consists of all cardstock that is in the white, grey, and black hues AND it is textured. The sheet I used on my base is all white with a black core...so I sanded the stars very lightly to let that cool core come through. Since I got two sheets of it, I cut out the starts from one of the sheets and layered them {see the close up below}. I used a 5x7 photo on here of owen riding his new four wheeler. He worked really hard to earn it!


I used my Cricut to cut the words and then ran them through my Cuttlebug.


Layered stars with Helmar Zapdots for dimension. Ribbon is from LYB Generation Z collection.



7 comments:

Sandie said...

Very nice layout. I have the Cricut Expression, but I need to get me a Cuttlebug. I love what it can do.

Jocelyn said...

Love this one Ellen...you did a great job!!!! :-)

Have a wonderful day!!!

Marlene said...

Love the layout! Craftastic!

HATE the weather. CRAPtastic.

Linda Beeson said...

I love that punched edge, it is such a cute accent! We have had rain too so I really understand the thought of curling up on the couch or staying in bed!

laterg8r said...

love all the ribbon tabs :D

Andrea Amu said...

Gosh, this is a great boy page! Lovin' the stars!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Love all the stars and that cool lookin' title!