Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Creative Cuts and More & Be Inspired # 50

Hope everyone is having a great wednesday! this is a super crazy busy week for me at work but that is okay, i have all day friday free and my scrap room is calling me! i also got good news last week that the business school where i teach asked me to come back for two more classes next term so i am super pumped about that.

Here is my latest project from Creative Cuts and more. I cannot get enough of these fun little die cut boxes. They are so fun to make. I thought this would be a great gift card holder for a baby or kid's birthday. This particular box is the crayon box. Make sure you check out 2Sketches4you b/c they are sponsoring this week's sketch with a card kit!

I used Sassafrass Lass pp's, ran it through my Cuttlebut and added a combo of Shimmerz spritz and Glimmer Mist to the raffia.






I did a tut on how to make paper bows over at the Cuttlebug Challenge blog this week! I have to admit, my wonderful friend Joanne showed me these first so this is not my original idea. But I love it and use it a lot...I have the measurements memorized, LOL.

22 comments:

Michelle H. said...

This is so adorable and georgeous!!
I have a crayon box I haven't made anything with it yet! Some day I will get around to it! Love all the Sassafras I just love their stuff too!
Congrats on teaching for the next term thats awesome!!
WTG, Ellen!!

Unknown said...

That is really cute. Animal crackers would be perfect with that paper! I need to check out the cuts that they offer. Thanks so much.

laterg8r said...

really love this box, too cute :D

Jennifer said...

oh my goodness...that is super cute!!!
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I love my mini!! I thought that it might be uncomfortable to type or that I'd find the screen too small...but, so far I love it!! No complaints at all :)

Lisa Dorsey said...

Oh that is just the CU-TEST box! Love it Ellen!

Lisa Dorsey said...

P.S. Can you send me your address so I can send you the magazine you won. :)

mustangkayla said...

Congrats on the classes!

Your project is too flippin cute!

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

This is such a cute project :) tfs

mustangkayla said...

Hey! I just saw you on the Kaiser Blog! Congrats!

Kathleen Summers said...

Oh, that is sooooooooooo darling! You are so talented. I peeked at your resume too - awesome!!

Tina McDonald said...

First time visiting your blog! What a feast for the eyes!!! Beautiful work! Look forward to seeing much more! :)

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

How adorable is that, and so colorful too! Love it!!!! Thank you so so much for the blog love, you are so kind!!!!!!
xoxo,
ja

Aihara Ramintessah Sanchez said...

What an adorable project hun! You are so creative. Makes me think that I have to maximize my cuttlebug. That Sassafrass papers rock.TFS!

Jocelyn said...

So cute Miss Ellen!!!! Love thos papers!!!

Staci Taylor said...

girl, you come up with the BEST projects! i need some of your creativity! this is adorable!!

Meg Giroux said...

Ellen...this is soooo cute! I love sassafras too:)

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

amazing Ellen! I love the playful box!

Linda Beeson said...

Is that cute! LOVE the papers you picked.

Terry said...

What a whimisical crayon box project - just love it -- way to go

vtpuggirl said...

Just adorable! Love your box!

Andrea Amu said...

Ran it through your "Cuttlebut"? Too funny! These are so adorable!!

dstandard said...

What a fabulous project! Awesome!