Friday, February 12, 2010

Caardvarks and the weekend!

Have you ever been to the Examiner? Maggie from the Cuttlebug Challenge blog pointed this out to us...how cool is this??? click here ...that's my layout! ;) OH and make sure you check out Sarah Hodgkinson's blog here. She is doing a give-a-way with some CORE! AND her blog is loaded full off inspiration. Gorgeous work, I always drool over her stuff. AND Heather Bowser is doing a give-a-way, too! Those Core girls are soooo generous! Wait til you see that cute layout she has posted.

So I have been working on some fun things this week while it has been snowing. I feel like I should have been more productive but that snow can make you lazy, LOL! I did hit up the elliptical everyday this week which has me psyched.

Here is my card for the Caardvarks Get Published challenge. I used the same concept that I did here with my Websters Pages/Tattered Angels post. I used Bazzill tulle by the foot and made a knot and then kept the knot loose and pulled another, shorter piece through it to make it look like the poofy train of a gown. I raised the images and added a myStampBOX sentiment stamp. I also used my paint brush and some Glimmer Mist to accent the shadows of the dress form {the dress form is a hybrid Webster's image using their new digi images here}. I opened the bottle of the mist and you know where the glimmer settles? {you have to lay it on its side}...well, I just dipped my brush in all that yummy glimmer --you can't shake it! --and then painted it on the card where I wanted to accent the dress form.




Here is an extra close-up {if that is even a word, LOL!} so you can check out where I brushed the Marshmallow Glimmer Mist.

11 comments:

laterg8r said...

ooo luv the tulle :D

Lydia said...

So cute ellen love the tie on her, beautiful!

Andrea Amu said...

This is a very unique and cool wedding card... can even fit nicely into the Bridal Shower catagory too! I just love that dress form stamp... I think I need to borrow that one, lol!!

Unknown said...

Very cute card. Love the toile. Hope you have a great Valentine's Day!!

Jocelyn said...

So very pretty....love this one!!!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

oh that is super cute!!! Happy Valentine's DAy!

Melonie said...

So pretty Ellen!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Love the layout and this card is gorgeous. The tulle, little string of pearls, glimmer all just perfect touches!

Christiane said...

ohh, super duper cute!! :))

Joei Lau said...

I LOVE your style so much!

Courtney Baker said...

Wow your page is awesome and I love your use of tulle!