Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Be Inspired #95

Today is the day for the Cuttlebug Be Inspired Challenge #95. Today's Challenge was to create something heartfelt. I chose to do a sympathy card. A friend of Brian's passed away the other week. He was 37 and had a massive heart attack. They haven't seen each other in awhile. It is such an eye opener to make sure you take care of yourself. I guess he had signs of a minor attack earlier in the week but didn't have health insurance so he didn't go to the hospital. Very sad and now two small girls are without a dad. So, please please take care of yourself. You can't put a price on life, that is for sure.

Anywho, I don't want to be debbie downer today! It is a gorgeous day so let's enjoy it :)

Here is the card I created for the Cuttlebug Challenge using the Little Black Dress August kit. It is lush with reds and pinks and FAB vintage embellies! The green houndstooth is tissue paper!!!! ACK it is so cool! :) I used the Houndstooth and Argyle Folders on here.


Not sure if you can tell but I ran the tissue paper through my Cuttlebug, too. The Sentiment is myStampBOX.



And here is another card I made with the LBD August kit. I used a CPS card sketch for this one.

Again, the sentiment is myStampBOX. These circle sets fit my circle punch PERFECTLY! I did some Cuttlebug goodness on here, too :)

12 comments:

Rebecca Keppel said...

Gorgeous cards. Love all the textures. So sorry to hear about DH's friend--that is just awful.

Sherry C said...

Love the cards! Your post about your DH's friend was heartbreaking. :(

Jocelyn said...

Love these cards Ellen.....such sad news and I agree with you....we need to take each minute and grab it!!! I feel so sad for your DH's friend and the family!!

Wishing you a wonderful day and thanks for sharing!!!

laterg8r said...

so sorry to hear about your friend ((hugs))

Andrea Amu said...

OMG! 37... that's my age! Really puts things into perspective! Really sorry for your friend's family. Just not fair :(

But, yes, isn't it great to see some sun today! Terrific cards... and how cool is the houndstooth TP!

June Houck said...

Love your cool card! So sorry about your husband's friend. I needed my card too; my dh's boss lost his son very suddenly too (leaving two small children behind as well). He thought he had a cold, went to the doctor who sent him home, he collapsed and went to the hospital that night; he was dehydrated and the hospital kept him overnight. The next morning all of his organs were failing and he was given every antibiotic they could think of; he died the next morning of sepsis. So sad :(

Melanie H said...

I am so sorry for your loss, 37 is far too young to pass away.

Love your cards, I hope they give comfort to his family.

Mara Campbell said...

So sorry to hear about your loss, life is so precious. Your cards are wonderful. I love the flower on the first one and the second one is great too!!

B said...

Sorry to hear about your lose -- my thoughts to their family! Lovely cards though!

missusem said...

Love what you've done with your cards. Thanks for stopping by my blog.. Sorry to hear about your DH's friend though.

Jody said...

Such beautiful work you do...and such heartbreaking news :(

Linda Beeson said...

I really like both cards, they use such neat patterned papers and other details. Great use of the CPS sketch too.