Thursday, October 22, 2009

baaaad blogger syndrome...

yes, i have bad blogger syndrome...i just needed a break this week. the weather has been gorgeous here so i have been taking the kids outside as much as we can {we are having ladybug infestation right now, bleh} and i have been working alot. i have a few clients i am losing at the end of the next two months so that will free up quite a bit of time for me. yes!

Creative Cuts & More is sponsoring 2sketches4you so you have to run over there and check out the card kit you can win!

I used the mug card found here. I used this awesome technique that Liz showed us over at Serendipity Scrapbooks for the foam. You could use it as icing, snow...whatever! oh...it's called Faux Frosting. I added some Core'dinations and Jillibean Soup goodies and a fun quote i googled.



here is a close-up...i used my NEW Shimmerz on the frosting to give it a bit of sparkle ;)



and don't forget to mark your calendars for this ...it's gonna be a BLAST!

16 comments:

Tara Powell said...

What a cute cute card, Ellen!
I will be sure to make my way over to Creative Cuts
:)
Tara

Jennifer Beason said...

Ellen, this is so cute!!! That foam is awesome!

laterg8r said...

loving that sparkly foam :D

Melonie said...

I know what you mean...we had a warm day here today and there are at least 50 ladybugs in my house. The kids think it's great...me not so much. Adorable card.

Lucy Edson said...

Is that what it is called? I've been having the same problem! ;)

CUTE card, Ellen - love the 'foam'!!

Lucy Edson said...

Is that what it is called? I've been having the same problem! ;)

CUTE card, Ellen - love the 'foam'!!

Wendy Kwok said...

This card is seriously cute! I went WOW ...... amazing texture there

Unknown said...

oh what a sweet card - love the "froth"

mustangkayla said...

What a fun card!

slicksister said...

I have this template. Now I know what i'm going to do with it. Soo cute!

Jocelyn said...

TOOOOOOO Cute!!!! Love it!!!! :-)

Andrea Amu said...

That is just really really cute... love your frosty mug!

Know all about the ladybugs here too! I was out taking pictures of them yesterday, lol!

Ohh, Sue at Scrapbook Lady got back to me about the Nov. 13 th crop, and it is full right now, but said she'd keep us on the waiting list because there is usually cancelations... and if not she also said she could set something up for us anyway. Still not sure what the 13th is like for you?

vtpuggirl said...

Adorable card! Love it!

Staci Taylor said...

girl, you make the BEST cards! that is so stinkin' cute! love the foam!!

Shannon said...

OMG, what a cute card.. love that foam technique.. very cool.

I hear ya on the lady bug thing girl..blech!!

Stacey Michaud said...

It is just adorable!