Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Using Cardstock for the Chalkboard Look

Yep, it's me again getting my crafty groove on. I couldn't be more excited to be taking time out to do the one thing that I love...MAKE STUFF! A few weeks ago this card was featured on the Core Blog:

Celebrate your next Birthday with a Core'dinations Black Magic card. With some simple sanding and heat embossing you can make it look just like chalkboard!

  BM-main-copy
  Black Magic Birthday Card Supplies:
BM cu3

Step 1.   Begin by sanding the Black Magic cardstock first. It's important you sand BEFORE you stamp and wipe dust with Dust Buddy. Removing excess sand will help the clear ink pad stamp clearly to ensure a crisp image when you emboss.

  BM cu2

 Step 2. Emboss with Tim Holtz & Ranger heat embossing powder. I like to use my scraps because sometimes it takes a few tries to get a good image.

  BM cu1

Step 3. Add layers of Glitter Silk and more Black Magic along with embellishments.

  BM-cu4


Photobucket

No comments: