Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Masking with Ribbon

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday!  I am here today with a post from over at May Arts.

It is quite a simple technique but I used a large sponge that you can get at any craft store and inks. This way, the ribbon doesn't get saturated like it does with mists. And, sometimes I find masking with mists isn't as exact as with a sponge...you have more control if  that makes any sense.

I used loads of Core'dinations on here. Tim Holtz Kraft Core and Tim Holtz Adirondack colors. 
And I used May Arts Burlap string and May Arts Webbed Weaved Ribbon. It's much sturdier than lace.



This is one of my favorite photos. This is Max on the couch with me while I work from home. He keeps me company and just looks out the window. So sweet.


Have a GREAT day!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

what a beautiful page and that techique is so perfect. I'll be giving it awhirl - tfs

Mara Campbell said...

This is so pretty Ellen!!!

Rebecca Keppel said...

aaaaaw that photo and layout are so sweet!