Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Friday!

the strep bug has plagued our house again this week but it is not bringin' me down {this is the 3rd time i have had it since november!} bleh. "ain't no one gonna slow me down...oh no...you got to keep on movin" watermelon, watermelon, watermelon...
don't you love that song? my sister and best friends were in town this weekend for henry's birthday so we went to 80's night and we screamed the words to every song. and, did you know, when you don't know the words to a song, just mouth watermelon over and over again and it looks like you know the words!

you would laugh if you knew my friend stacy who doesn't know the words to any song, it is too funny.

so in celebration of my girls, here is a layout i did of us at the PA wine festival last year. we go ever year so if you live near the Poconos in PA {not far from NJ or NY} look me up! we have a blast and our boys go too and they just chill in the tent.







and this last one is another layout i did superbowl weekend at one of my crops. i busted out the stamps and paint to make some flowers & just journaled about me and 2008 and that i am looking forward to just chillin' in 2009.






10 comments:

Chrys said...

Fun layouts! I really like the first one!

Alecia Wolfford said...

So sorry for the sickies, hope you are all feeling better soon!!

LOVE your work girl, super cute stuff!!

Andrea Amu said...

Great pages Ellen!

I know what you mean about feeling sick... I am tired of it too... where's Spring in PA once and for all? Lol!

Leigh Penner said...

Great layouts, Ellen!
Thanks for the watermelon tip-- love it!!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

I hope you get feeling better soon!
You totally had me laughing at the "watermelon" tip!

Kimber McGray said...

Hi Ellen!
You won my Jillibean Soup give-a-ay.
Hit me with your mailing address and I will get it out to you!
-kimber

Renee Lamb said...

bwwahahahaa!! never heard of the watermelon theory! I am so going to do this now since I think my car is my stage! ;) - anyway - sorry to hear you have some sickies but glad it's not slowing you down. Great layouts!

Tricia Wilson said...

Dude, you know the watermelon trick? I was dying because I thought I was one of the only ones!!!!! Awesome layouts too!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

So sorry to hear about the strep. Ugh!! Hope your guys are healthy again soon. Love your layouts. Great design on both of them!

Michelle H. said...

Hi, Ellen! How's your grandmother doing? I hope she is still doing well! I hope you and your family will get well soon! I wanted to let you know redoakline is giving a RAK away all you have to do is describe with one word about you. I dont know the site by memory so if you go and check my blog its the first post and it expires Sunday at midnight Eastern time. They sell felt embellishments at very affordable prices. Hugs
Michelle H. I added me as a follower