Monday, April 18, 2011

Playing with Punches and Pluff

Hi there! I have a fun project to share today. Have you heard of Pluffy?

When I was at CHA, I came across this booth. It is a funny story because the gentleman came to use first because he needed some cardstock to match a few things they were doing over there and I told him when we got it unpacked, I would run it over.

Well, I went over and instantly recognized the brand from Michaels (turns out I had picked some up before and had lots of "great" ideas that never came into fruition) and we began talking about Polyform clay and he he gave me some samples to take back to the Core booth. Well, as soon as I got home, I started playing with it and it has such a cool texture. My mind instantly started running.


It's not like the clay you are used to, it isn't sticky...it is very smooth and resilient and it doesn't dry out. Then you bake it when you are done so it hardens. It is so much fun! Because it is so versatile and easy to use, you can easily use your favorite crafting tools when creating with Pluffy.

I used my Fiskars punches, Fiskars Soft Grip Detail knife and Fiskars Hand punch for this project and they worked beautifully.




1.) Roll out the Pluffy and using the Fiskars Circle Punch XX punch a piece of heavy duty cardstock and use as a template on the Pluffy to make the base of the cookie. Use your Softgrip Detail Knife and cut the clay around the punched image.

2.) Next, take the large Seal of Approval punch and press the scalloped edge into the corner of the circle to create the "bite". You will need to apply enough pressure to make an indentation in the clay so you can use the Softgrip Detail knife and cut it out.

3.) Using the 1/8" Hole punch from Fiskars, cut out small holes from the scraps of the Pluffy for the chocolate chips. Again, punch them nice and slow. After each time, open the punch and take out the small circle so they don't stick together. Don't forget to punch a hole in the cookie so you can tie it to your package. You must do this before you bake it.

4.) Press the chocolate chips gently on the cookie base. Bake according to package directions (15 minutes).

5.) Let cool and paint. I added texture paint in between layers to make it feel more like a real cookie.

6.) Spray with some Glimmer Mist for a little shine (just one squirt, not a lot).

7.) Embellish your cookie bag with some baker's twine, sentiment and journaling spot (I used Core'dinations Cardtock).

Here is a close-up:


13 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How cool!!!! I didn't see their booth there... hmmmmm I need to check them out! I loveeeeeeeee what you made!! TOTALLY ADORABLE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Murphy's Law said...

that is soooooooooooooooo cool and adorable. love it.

Rebecca Keppel said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE! What a fun gift tag!

Rebecca Keppel said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE! What a fun gift tag!

Brianne said...

So stinkin' cute!!! What a great idea to use clay like that! Great gift idea!

Michelle H. said...

Love your project!!
Two minds think alike I have some I have been wanting to use and just bought some molds this weekend!
Now when I can find the time to make them!
Have a wonderful Easter!!

Kim said...

way toooo clever Ellen

Jocelyn said...

Love this Ellen!!!!! How cute is this!!!

Ok....now you have we wanting to try this out!!! Is it sold at Michaels?

Wishing you a great week sweet friend!!!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

So cute and yummy looking Ellen! Now I want to play with some Pluffy!!!

cappuccino and colour said...

too cool Ellen. love it.

Audrey Pettit said...

Eeeek! How CA-UTE! This is brilliant, Ellen!

Unknown said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE
Now I want a cookie.

Andrea Amu said...

Hey, I was with you when you got your Pluffy! This is soooo fun! Good enough to eat;)